Events and News
British Bike Day
Saturday June 22nd, 2013
If you own a British bike you should bring it down and show it off!
We will be having a Show 'n' Shine with prizes for best judged bike in the following categories:
- Modern Classic: Bonneville, Scrambler, Thruxton
- Cruiser: Speedmaster, America, Rocket III, T-Bird
- Modern: Speed & Street Triple, Daytona
- Vintage: 70's and earlier - all British brands are welcome!
Triumph Demo event. Come down and take a ride on a new Triumph. Find out what makes a Triumph so special.
Delicious BBQ and refreshments.
Special prices on Triumph parts, accessories and apparel.
Second Annual Ride Your Wheels Off!
19 MAY – 27 AUGUST 2013. Wrap up Party – 8 September 2013
For the second year, Pacific Motosports will be hosting a unique opportunity to see our beautiful Province and the many roads that help make BC one of the best places to ride on the planet.
10 Different rides around BC and Northwest Washington:
For details contact:
Dave 604-276-2552 • Dave@PacificMotosports.com
- Harrison Hot Springs, BC - 19 May
- Whistler, BC - 2 June
- Fraser Valley, BC - 23 June
- Duffy Lake Loop, BC - 7 July
- Princeton Loop, BC - 18 Aug
- La Conner, WA
- Tofino, BC
- Darrington Loop, WA
- Powell River, BC
- Cascades Loop, BC and WA
Dusty Roads 1000/36
June 29 - 30, 2013
Every first Thursday of every month
Cariboo Explorer Backroads Tour
August 29th - September 1st, 2013
World Enduro Canada
Enduro, Trials, and Cross Country News
Moto Guzzi & Aprilia Demo Day
June 15 at 10:00am
This will be a fun-filled day with some Guzzi & Aprilia road bikes
available for test riding.
- California 1400 Custom
- Stelvio 1200 NTX
- V7 Classic 750
May 25th, 2013
This is the chance you have been waiting for. Hook your bike up to the Dyno and see how much Horse Power your bike produce. Whether you do it for bragging rights or for tuning purposes this is an opportunity not to be missed. We will have service staff on hand to provide you with guidance to gaining more horse power and parts staff to provide the high performance parts you need at competitive prices.
Come down enjoy a BBQ and become immersed in the wonderful sound of high revving motorcycles engines.
BMW Test Ride Day
Sunday May 5th, 9am – 4pm
Please contact Stuart or Dave to register, and for further information
BMW Motorrad Exclusively Female Test Ride Event
Saturday May 4, 2013
In order to introduce you to the full range of BMW motorcycles, BMW Motorrad Canada is hosting an
Exclusively Female Test Ride Event.
This program is reserved for women only. Only BMW Motorrad Canada personnel will be on site to offer you assistance and information. No sales pressure – just an opportunity for you to enjoy the Ultimate Riding Experience in a relaxed and controlled environment.
BMW Motorrad is committed to meeting the needs of female riders. With our customized and comprehensive line of rider apparel for women, you don’t have to “adjust” to male sizing and styling anymore. Our Rider Equipment is designed for you. In many ways, our motorcycles are too. With fully-adjustable ergonomics and new lower seat heights, BMW motorcycles are easily adaptable to female riders of any size and shape.
We look forward to sharing this unique event with you.
For further information and to book your test ride, please email or call one of our following representatives.
Vancouver – Saturday May 4, 2013
Contact: Trish Aylett
Take advantage of savings during the entire month of May.
Save up to 25% off tires*
*Heidenau 20% off
The Annual Pacific Motosports Parking Lot Sale
Saturday April 27th, 2013 10:00am - 3:00pm
Start the year off right with a great bargain!
DID YOU EVER WONDER ABOUT AFRICA?
Friday April 26th from 6:30 - 8 pm at Pacific.
PLEASE RSVP with the location of your preference to:
Aprilia Scooter Free Gas for a Year
April 19, 2013 through June 30, 2013
Introducing California 1400 Touring and Custom
- "This could be the rebirth of the marque." – Motorcyclist
- "This bike is nothing short of a revelation." – Ultimate Motorcycling
- "if Michelangelo was going to paint a motorcycle it would probably look like a lot like a Moto Guzzi." – Cycle World
- "This is a thoroughly modern, effortless-to-ride big cruiser that still manages to retain Guzzi's idiosyncrasy, its Latin stubbornness." – Wall Street Journal
- "Guzzi has cracked the code on high technology and refinement without losing its essential Guzzi-ness." – Motorcyclist
- "The handling! Seriously, you won’t believe you’re riding a cruiser." – Hell For Leather
- "The Guzzi willingly flew through sweepers, happily grinding away its floorboards, then quickly transitioned to equally abuse the other side’s boards through the next corner." – Motorcycle.com
- "charismatic styling, loads of personality, and surprising performance given their plus-sized footprints."- About.com
- "Putting this mighty cruiser through its paces is a pleasure" – Cycle World
- "Endowed with its new electronic rider aides, the California 1400 stands more technologically advanced, in that respect, than Honda’s flagship supersport, the CBR600RR." – Motorcycle.com
- "If you want to establish your credibility at the stop light, have something truly unique to profile with, and gather a crowd on bike night, the 2013 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom is a bike that will accomplish your goals." – Ultimate Motorcycling
- "And not only are you having fun riding the thing, you’re remarkably comfortable doing it." – Cycle World
- "Details abound, from the laser-etched logo on the windshield support to retro fluting in the lenses of the side markers." – Wall Street Journal
- "The electronics package on the 2013 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Touring is impressive and useful." – Ultimate Motorcycling
- "Miguel Galluzzi’s design is a masterpiece, appearing timeless where every other entry in the segment is either a shameless throwback or awkwardly futuristic." – Hell For Leather
- "If you are in the market for a full-size cruiser/tourer and the 2013 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Touring isn’t on your list, you need a new list." – Ultimate Motorcycling
- "the California comes across as an awfully likable, stonking cruiser." – About.com
- "Our initial rides on the 2013 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Touring have left us stunned." - Ultimate Motorcycling
EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE BY SYLVAIN GUINTOLI WHO STRENGTHENS HIS CHAMPIONSHIP LEAD WITH TWO SECOND PLACE FINISHES.
APRILIA LEADS IN THE MANUFACTURER CHAMPIONSHIP.
Lavery, out front in both races, is held up by a technical problem and then a crash.
Aragon (Spain), 14 April 2013 – Aprilia confirms the lead in all the World SBK standings.
Sylvan Guintoli strengthens his hold on the championship lead with two strong second place finishes and widens the spread between him and the nearest rival to 22 points, now Englishman Davies - double winner at Aragon.
An exceptional performance by the French Aprilia RSV4 rider who has been in the top two for the first four races of the season. In the Australian round he took the win in the opening race and second place (behind team mate Laverty) in Race 2. In Spain he confirms his role as a key player in the championship with two second place finishes. This is a streak that earns him 85 points which put him in the lead of the championship, ahead of Davies (63 points), Aprilia Racing team mate Eugene Laverty (45) and Melandri (43).
As a result of the performance by the French rider and his Aprilia RSV4, Aprilia Racing maintains the Manufacturer Championship lead with 90 points. The Italian bike is followed by BMW (79 points), Kawasaki (49), Honda (37), Suzuki (35) and Ducati (28).
“In the first race I was a bit worried – confessed a smiling Sylvain Guintoli – because I was really struggling, as I had been throughout the weekend. Aragon is perhaps my most dreaded track, so two second places are a really great result. I must thank the Aprilia Team, the engineers and my crew chief, Aligi Deganello, because thanks to them I was able to ride very well in Race 2. The changes we kept making to the RSV4 worked as they should have even if Chaz was really impossible to beat. I'm going to Assen with a lot of confidence. The results today are a perfect way to announce the arrival of my fourth child!”
Eugene Laverty had an incredible weekend, turning up with the championship lead and showing that he was definitely in the run for the win during practice sessions, but having his ambitions slip through his fingers while in the lead for both races. In the first race he was stopped by a mechanical breakdown of the exhaust valve motor while, after leading from the start, he was trying to break away from the pack. In Race 2, in the lead once again, it was a crash – without injury to the rider – that put him out of the race. However, the potential Eugene displayed is assurance of his return as a key player for the Assen round.
“Race 1 was truly disappointing. I was in the lead and had a good pace, but I had already noticed that something wasn't working properly on the bike. I had to stop in the pits which cost me 6 laps, but I knew I could make a comeback in Race 2. Instead, the double starting procedure created some problems for me because the tyres cooled off a bit. In fact I lost the rear first and then the front which caused me to crash. It definitely wasn't the perfect Sunday, but there is still plenty of championship left and I'm encouraged by the fact that I had all the prerequisites, hard luck permitting, to aim for a good result here too”.
Lady Rider's Day
Saturday April 13th, 2013
A special day just for woman riders.
We have planned a SPECIAL day just for you.
- See Vancouver's finest collection of riding gear in our exclusive woman's area. No more wandering about looking for woman's gear, now it's all in one area created just for you.
- We will have woman riders on hand to discuss bike choice with you.
- We have bikes for riders of all sizes and desires. If you are vertically challenged, come and talk to our staff about factory lowered bikes, lower seats and other options to fit a bike to your needs.
- Pacific Riding school will be on hand to provide answers to any questions you may have. Whether its learning how to ride or you need to improve your skills with advanced training.
- Come in and talk to Anaz. Besides being a rider she is our expert parts & accessories person. She can answer any questions you may have about customizing your bike to fit your riding needs.
- Have you ever thought about a Riding Vacation? How about Mexico, Europe, New Zealand, or Africa, to name a few? Come and talk to All Round Travel about their exciting Motorcycle Tours to exotic locations around the world!
- Door prizes, snacks and refreshments.
Moto Guzzi V7 Stone 2013
Motorcycle Daily Review
The 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone will give you a full dose of Moto Guzzi character and personality. Many riders will find that irresistible, and now they have adequate engine performance to erase any doubts about the practical capabilities of this machine. This is a fun bike that you can fall in love with. Given the age of the basic engine architecture, reliability should not be a significant issue, and the Stone should prove to be a faithful friend.
Dirck Edge and Willy Ivins
April 9, 2013
Adventure Riding Night.
Friday, March 22, 2013 (6pm - 9pm)
Special Guest speaker: LESLIE SOFARELLI
Drop by the store for a special presentation by one of the Adventure Girls, two women from Maple Ridge with a passion for riding motorcycles.
Not only do they ride year around, but they have completed some amazing trips.
- 2012 Over 8000 KM's of riding and trips (KLIM Summit) & Dawson Creek back country
- 2011 June 29th - August 11th - Triumph Tiger 800XC Alaskan Adventure (14,000 km)
- 2010 - Summer - 12000 kms Cross-Country tour Vancouver to New York and back
See a slide show of their adventures followed by a Question and Answer session. Find out what worked and what didn't from people who have been there and done that!
We know that the ADV Girls endorse KLIM products so for your benefit we have invited the KLIM Canada Rep down to answer any questions you may have about their great riding gear. The KLIM Rep rarely ventures far from his Alberta home base so be sure to take advantage of this rare opportunity to ask the KLIM expert any questions you may have.
Snacks and Refreshments will be available.
Official launch new water-cooled 2013 BMW R1200GS
Friday, March 22, 2013 (6pm - 9pm)
Pacific Motosports will be featuring the new 2013 BMW water-cooled R1200 GS during our Adventure evening on March 22nd.
Come by and check out the most evolutionary advancement to the legendary Boxer engine since its inception. The changes to the R1200GS bike are so significant you will want to ensure you are signed up early for the BMW Demo day.
Our General Manager has recently returned from North Africa where he put one of these bikes through its paces. This is the environment the GS was designed for. Patrick will be on hand to answer any questions you may have on this amazing bike.
Check out the latest BMW videos.
Meet the Rep Days
Saturday March 16th, 2013 10:00am - 3:00pm
Come and meet the Manufacturer and Supplier Representatives from Full Bore, Motovan, MOD and many more. You can talk to experts and ask questions that will help you make the right choices to make 2013 the best riding year yet.
- HJC, Sena, Alpinestars, Michelin,Continental etc..
Shoei, Gerbings, Joe Rockett, Cardo, Ogio, Drift, TCX etc..
- Arai, Venture, Air Hawk, Heidenau
- MOD skid plates and top racks, Giant Loop
- Lynx and Mirage fairings
- Rok Straps
Captivating trial for riders on the Storm
By Alexandra Straub, IN THE SADDLE, The Province, October 10, 2012
2012 Triumph: Bike has brain and brawn
In mythology, a thunderbird is regarded as a supernatural creature with great strength and power. It's also commonly believed that it gets its name from the beating of its sizable wings, which causes thunder and stirs the wind.
The 2012 Triumph Thunderbird Storm adopts those mythological characteristics, but in tangible form.
When approaching this dark bird, there is, perhaps, a tendency to feel intimidated. After all, its large breast (fuel tank) and muscular road stance might make a rider hesitant, especially someone of smaller stature.
Its eyes — in this case its twin headlights — stare menacingly but manage to have an inviting softness so riders can approach with confidence.
Nevertheless, once atop the seat, there is little to overwhelm the pilot.
Instrumentation is kept to a minimum. The tank-mounted speedometer includes an on-board computer that incorporates a clock, two trip meters and a fuel gauge, along with a small and stylish tachometer. All the information you need is a peek away.
And its beautiful jet black body, complete with chrome accents, speaks volumes without saying much.
Ignite its fuel-injected engine and let this mythological beast come to life.
Its chromed twin-skin stainless steel 2-into-1-into-2 pipes roar as it prepares itself for flight. The Thunderbird Storm has a fair amount of grunt to it, but not so much that it's deafening to the ears. Often times, larger cruisers assert their presence via their exhaust system. This Storm has both the brain and brawn to captivate its rider.
As the Thunderbird Storm and I are soaring along the highway, I can feel its muscle through its 1,700 cc, award-winning T-16 parallel twin engine. With an output of 97 horsepower and 115 lbs.-ft of torque, it has strength in its step and the wind under its wings. Furthermore, maximum torque is accessible at a low 2,950 rpm, helping propel this bird forward.
And while it's a substantial bike — it has a wet weight of 339 kg (746 lbs.) — it didn't feel sluggish or sloppy.
As for handling, I can say I was very surprised with its agility. Up front, there are 47mm forks and five-way adjustable twin shocks at the rear, delivering a submissive and accurate ride in various conditions.
What I think surprised me the most was how agreeable it felt at higher speeds. I didn't feel the imperfections of the road. In fact, the Thunderbird acknowledged the bumps and jumps without giving me a sore back. Furthermore, it remained steadfast and didn't let the wind push it around.
Speaking of backs, the low seat (rated at 700 mm or 27.6 inches), combined with a laid-back riding stance and handlebars that don't leave the blood rushing out of your arms after a few minutes, work well together.
When it comes to stopping, there's a set of well-appointed twin 310mm floating discs up front.
While the 2012 Triumph Thunderbird Storm and I had limited time together, it stirred the crowds, beckoned the wind and showed off its power and strength, one shift at a time.
Bike provided by Pacific Motosports (www.pacificmotosports.com
© Copyright (c) The Province
Snow Small Adventure – Triumph Tiger 800 XC versus the Seasons
by Neil Johnston on Thursday, 25 October 2012
Photo: Bart Stockdill
Forget what the Earth’s position around the sun says, judging by the encroachment of the snowline down the Vancouver’s North Shore Mountains, we’re facing the onset of winter on the West coast. That makes each ride a rarity, sparking in the firmament of suicidal-gray skies, a colour achieved in a tedium of dark and rainfall. The drizzle starts at Squamish, making the rocks slick under the Tiger 800 XC’s rear Heidenau K60. Shod in Pirelli MT-21s and significantly lighter, Bart’s KTM 690 Enduro R scampers ahead with the ride’s instigator astride.
Vancoouver Motorcycle Show
January 17-20, 2013 Tradex, Abbotsford
90th Anniversary bikes designed to celebrate BMW Motorrad’s milestone birthday
90 YEARS BMW MOTORRAD SPECIAL MODELS
R 1200 R
R 1200 RT
R 1200 GS ADVENTURE
As a foretaste of 2013 – BMW Motorrad’s anniversary – they are presenting the 90 years special models. 90 years unstoppable. 90 years of unstoppable riding enjoyment. Now you can experience it with the R 1200 R, R 1200 RT and R 1200 GS Adventure special models. Inspired by the classic look of yesteryear’s great BMWs, these boxers come in elegant black, accentuated with golden model markings, gold-anodised chassis elements and an exclusive brass badge on the fork bridge. A tribute to the tradition and history of BMW Motorrad.